“Consciously or unconsciously, every one of us does render some service or other. If we cultivate the habit of doing this service deliberately, our desire for service will steadily grow stronger, and will make, not only our own happiness, but that of the world at large.”
There are lots of different ways you can help Maya for Women grow bigger and better. Do you like to volunteer and would you like to be a more active part of Maya for Women? Send us an email and let us know! Currently, we are looking for volunteers that:
- Have knowledge of web design/dev (or are willing to learn) to assist in the maintenance of the website
- Can commit regular help with social media updates (Twitter, Facebook, etc)
- Can write web content on LBT women’s issues or women’s issues in general
- Enjoy meeting new people and making connections
- Help out with events, by giving time to planning and coordinating
- Have a special talent that they’d love to share!
- Would like to donate a little money to help make Maya for Women even more fabulous (we’ve succeeded in getting a full-time office space!)!!
Are you a student who would like to be a part of a growing NGO working on women’s issues in India? Are you passionate about human rights activism and feminist ideas? Send us an email or call us up on 7022222180. Currently, we are looking for interns that:
- Can write 1-3 articles per week on feminist issues
- Can help collect and collate member information
- Is social media savvy or willing to learn
- Adept at handling multiple social media accounts
- Loves organizing events and get togethers
- Feels comfortable meeting new groups of people and talking about Maya for Women
Internships are 3 month long obligations of at least 15 hours per week, and are unpaid currently. While some tasks can be done off-site, we will expect all interns to be in our centre for at least 5 hours per week. At the end of a successful internship, our interns will be given a letter of reference and a Certificate of Completion.
If you would like to be a part of our volunteer team or intern with us, please contact us by emailing email@example.com. Your contribution of time and effort is what makes M4W so very special!